Hey there my fellow
nutcases, I mean lovers of running and doing it loooooong.
If you’re here, then you’ve bought my book and I’d really like to thank you with all of my heart and of course cheer you on as you chase your own extraordinary.
I’ve put a whole lotta ‘stuff to do’ and ‘plans to follow’ into the book, so I figured it would be easiest if I put them into bite size PDF’s that you can download and print off.
The downloads give you a space to write, scribble and doodle, and to tick off your progress as you go along. You’ll also get to see all the photos and lists in all the colours of the rainbow.
You can carry the printable training plans around in your gym bag or back pack and hey if you’re caught short out on a run you can even use it for loo roll (and getting caught out short will probably happen at some point … trust me 🙂 ).
- What Your Success Looks Like
- DIY Body Movement Assessment
- Improve Your Posture
- 10 Step Check List for Running Posture
- Running Warm Up Drills
- Daily Stretches
- Post Run Flow Stretch
- Foam Rolling
- Good Food Guide for Runners
- The Complete Marathon Training Plan
- 0-5-10km Training Plan
- 10km-Half Marathon Training Plan
- Half Marathon –Marathon Training Plan
- Wally’s Story https://vimeo.com/181118448.
Websites and App Links
- To help you work out what your predicted marathon race time is, head to Runners World: http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/race-time-predictor
- For 180bpm running tracks, take a look at: Spotify https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/other/ or Jog.fm https://jog.fm/
- To help plan your daily food intake to hit your required protein, fats and carbs targets, head to: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
- To set your timings on your workouts (so you too can behave like Pavlov’s Dog), I suggest you purchase a Gymboss http://www.gymboss.com/ or download the app for your smartphone.
- If you fall in love with running and want to push the extreme, then head to Beyond The Ultimate’s website. If you sign up for an adventure of a lifetime, tell them Nikki sent you http://beyondtheultimate.co.uk/
- I swear by the use of massage and acupuncture. Whilst I realise Leicester may not be that local for everybody, if you are in the neighbourhood and you are looking for the best therapists around then head over to http://www.townosteo.com/ . Yasin Tayebjee is the man who has kept my body together, and there’s a gal called Nikki Love who (when not running around the world) can sort you out a top sports massage.
- So whilst I’m a coach, I still need coaching myself – the man who helps me is Shane Benzies from Running Reborn https://runningreborncoaching.wordpress.com/
- I guess I ought to mention the little website that I’ve got http://www.nikkilove.co.uk/ it’ll tell you where in the world I’m running next.
I’ve drawn inspiration from these 3 people and I’d recommend anything they’ve written, but it’s these 3 books that I’ve read many times over:
- ‘50/50’ by Dean Karnazes
- ‘Just a little run around the world’ by Rosie Swale Pope, MBE
- ‘Fear: Our ultimate challenge’ by Sir Ranulph Fiennes
For understanding and improving your brain, I’d recommend:
- ‘Change your brain, Change your body’ by Dr Daniel G Amen
- ‘The Power of Neuroplasticity’ by Shad Helmstetter, PH.D.
For times when I’ve wanted help with direction and focus and I’ve needed a gentle a kick up the ass, I recommend:
- ‘Conversations with God’ by Neale Donald Walsch
- ‘How to be F*cking Awesome’ by Dan Meredith
For food recipes, my go too books are:
- ‘Go Faster Food’ by Kate Percy
- ‘100 High Protein Breakfasts’ by Louise Kang